What To Take To College If You're A Commuter

If this is going to be your first semester in a big college/university then fear no more, this blog post was made for you. I'm going to tell you what works, what doesn't, but most importantly what to take to campus if you're a commuter, like me! 


I have been in college since 2012 so I think I got it down packed. The most important thing, if all else fails, is to arrive a bit early, depending on the size of your school. If your new to campus the last thing you want is to be 15 minutes late just because you spent half an hour looking for your class! And don't forget to have a healthy balanced breakfast in order to get you through the day. (Click on the link for a How To on the perfect breakfast!)

Below I will list things that I find important and will be taking... In my opinion you should definitely take a book-bag, you can fit your laptop, wallet, books, pens and pencils without it all being a mess. Now when I went to community college I took a purse and the books that I needed for that class because I would simply go home pick up my other books then head back, but in a larger university its a different story. I live over an hour away (with morning traffic) from my school so I can't go home to eat lunch or pick up my books for my next class. Since all my classes are back to back I need the most comfortable way to carry all my necessities throughout the week. You do not want to be that girl that has her hands full with books and a purse/tote hanging on your arm barely being able to open your door. College life is all about comfort, leggings and t-shirts are go too's. (No heels! Your feet will thank you!) but more on that later... 
Anyways here is my list of everyday

College Necessity's
  • Victoria's Secret PINK Campus Backpack $39.50 (More photos below)
  • MacBook Air 13' + Charger 
  • iPhone + Charger
  • 1 Binder w/ Dividers for all my notes!
  • 1 Folder (keeps the mess of paper minimal)
  • Agenda/Planner
  • Textbooks (Depending on how many, I may take some in my hands or leave some in the car)
  • Pens/Pencils
  • Calculator
  • Wallet 
  • Umbrella (if you live in Florida this isn't even an option... Do it!)
  • USB
  • Water Bottle
  • Headphones
  • Mini Makeup bag (lipgloss, powder, concealer, etc.)
  • Gum
  • Lunch/Snacks (optional)
  • 'Skinny' Minimergency Kit 
When you read the last one you might be thinking, "What the heck is that?!?" But let me tell you its a complete lifesaver. Anything a girl could need is packed in this little bag. 22 essentials including a mending kit, earring backs, double-sided tape, hair spray, a stain-remover towelette, nail polish remover pad, deodorant towelette, safety pin, bandage, pain reliever, breath freshener, dental floss, clear nail polish, nail file, tampon, clear elastics, mirror, tweezers, bobby pins, blotting tissues, facial tissues and lip balm in the tiniest case EVER! 

Empty BookBag




Padded Laptop Pocket 






Everything Inside
GOOD LUCK IN CLASS!
Comment below your must-have for college!
XX -S 

Leave a Reply